Monday, September 29, 2008

Master Debaters

I watched the presidential candidate debate on Friday. It's the first one I think I've ever watched. I'm just not too firm in my selection of a candidate because I don't know that much about either of them.

I only watched the first hour before my mind started to wander and I had to switch. What I saw though seemed to be going Obama's way. At least, he appeared to be answering the questions that were asked and was actually addressing McCain directly, like Lehrer was trying to get them to do, but McCain wouldn't even look at Obama. I thought McCain kept dragging the questions way off subject or giving an answer related to the question but not answering the question itself. Everything they had to say was interesting, I just thought Obama did a better job of debating.

I will probably watch the VP debate as well. This debate did little to solidify my decision (although it helped some) and I'd like to see what the running mates are like.

No comments: