Monday, September 29, 2008

WIIFM*

The bailout bill failed. Shot down. I don't know whether that's good or bad. I honestly don't. The time is past for finger pointing. We must take action. But what action?

Okay, so the government buys a bunch of this bad debt and that bolsters the lending institutions by removing that from their books. I see how that would be advantageous. But this is going to be bought with my tax money (and yours, by the way). I keep hearing that it will come back to us but nobody is saying when. Nobody is saying how. There's no exit strategy. Sound familiar?

What I really want to know is where is my bailout? My financial status sucks right now. My credit score is rapidly approaching the minimum if it's not already there. I know that one way to ease my burden would be to drive a less expensive car and move into a smaller house. But you know what? I can't do that. I'm trapped in these things.

Think about it. Who's going to loan me money for a house? Nobody. So, I either cling to my house with every ounce of strength in my fingertips or I rent. The car? changing the car is not a problem. Funny thing is, because of my credit rating I would have to work with the "special financing" department and end up paying an astronomical interest rate and either driving a car that would be unsafe or unreliable or end up paying even more per month than I am now. How does that help?

Don't even get me started on bankruptcy.

That's what it all boils down to. *What's In It For Me? That's why I don't know whether to panic because it didn't pass or panic when it does pass.

God help us.

No comments: