Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Fear Of The Unknown

I am really scared that decisions are being made that will significantly impact my future and not necessarily for the better. I cannot speak out for or against health care reform, financial reform, military actions and the like because I just don't have the necessary information. The information is hard enough to find and gather and understand but I simply can't spend time thinking about these things.

I'm having enough trouble keeping my sanity balanced just trying to move through the day from when I wake up to when I go to sleep. Now on top of all that I have a president and a group of "leaders" who are making decisions on my behalf that live in their ivory towers where the rules don't apply to them and who have no clue what it's like to live like the people they represent. It scares me that they will make those decisions and there ain't a damn thing I can do about it. I cast my vote (and will continue to do so) but it just seems to get deeper and deeper.

I must stop now or my fear will turn to insanity.

No comments: