Monday, January 04, 2010

BlueAnt Is Now On My Top 10 Companies List

The last time I went to the First Saturday sale I lost the best Bluetooth headset I've ever had. It was a Blueant Z9. I initially didn't like it because it wasn't comfortable (I only got the large earpiece with it) but I ended up with a compatible earpiece that allowed me to wear it for up to a couple of hours if necessary.

Based on the quality of the Z9 (it sounded great on both ends), I started searching for a replacement and on December 14, purchased a Blueant Q1 off eBay. Nine days later, I almost lost it, too. Luckily I realized it was gone while we were still out and about and was able to backtrack and find it. After that point, I started carrying it in my pocket... bad idea. The following day, the earpiece snapped and part of it came off.

I figured the circumstances wouldn't be covered under warranty so I attempted to fix it myself using super glue. I managed to stick it back on very nicely but after that, it sounded like s#!t. It was bad enough that I simply couldn't understand what people were saying to me.

I figured I had nothing to lose so I contacted BeluAnt customer service. I told them exactly what happened (broke while carrying in my pocket and I tried to fix it) and asked if a replacement was possible. To my surprise, I received a request for a copy of my receipt a couple of days later. I sent it to them and this afternoon I received the RMA and instructions for the return.

They didn't have to do that. Many companies these days would say I mishandled the product by carrying it in my pocket then by attempting to fix it myself and tell me it just wasn't covered. BlueAnt is now on my top ten list of companies I will go out of my way to do business with (GoDaddy is another) and I will recommend their products to anyone.

No comments: