Wednesday, March 03, 2010

My Evil Twin

Remember last January when I killed my evil twin? Remember how I said they're like trick birthday candles? Guess what - he didn't die. He went to work.

My evil twin has been doing my job for the past 18 months. I had no idea. He took over and acted in a manner that I would be appalled to notice in anyone else. Seriously. My name is mud right now. I basically got put on notice a couple of days ago. That's never happened to me. I am embarrassed to even outline the situation so don't ask - I mean it. I won't tell you. Yes, it's that bad.

I am alternating between self-loathing and being angry at my boss. I got dropped into a vacuum and have gotten almost zero feedback. When I have, it's almost always been negative. This maelstrom of conflicting emotions is why I haven't been around here or on FB much.

I'm trying to work through it but it has brought on a LOT of self doubt. I'll be back when I've worked some of this out.

1 comment:

Aunt Murry said...

Go talk to someone. I went through this when I first moved to KC. I basically shut down. I think that is what is happening to you. Hang in there.