Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Reflections

OH MY GOD! I was writing this to post as an anniversary entry for July 9, when my blog started, but as I was going through my archives I realized my anniversary was July 5! Oh well... happy anniversary to me and enjoy the post...

It was (a little over) one year ago today that I decided to blog. I don't recall the original title I used but the current one, The Internet Ate My Homework, came to me quickly after trying to publish my first post. I had worked about 30 minutes on a post and was quite proud of it. In my neophyte haze, I clicked "publish" and that was the end of that. Lesson learned.

As I've stated before, this is the longest I have ever kept any sort of a journal. This is probably because my other journals are written with the intention that someone will read them and I get discouraged when I have no one to share them with. Here, I get personal feedback from close friends and family and - now that I've added comments - my new web friends. It has been a wonderful adventure creating these entries and sharing them with others as well as participating in what others choose to share.

As I take a look back over the past year, I am reminded of events within and outside of my blog. I think it has opened new worlds to me. Let me share some of my greatest, and worst, moments with you.

In the past twelve months...


It's amazing what can happen in a year... and I didn't even talk about what's been going on at work.

Thanks to all of you who have been here from the beginning and welcome to all my new friends.

No comments: