Sunday, July 09, 2006

Annual Recap

It's been three years... yes THREE years since I started this blog. As is my custom lately, this post of the events of the pas year is late.


  • I pondered the question of wearing an undershirt.
  • I attended my 20-year High School Reunion
  • I stood in line for the latest Harry Potter Book.
  • July 20, 2005, the world of Science Fiction lost one if its most beloved icons, James Doohan, Enterprise Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott.
  • My disappointment at work finally reached a point where I no longer felt I was part of something worthwhile.
  • I experienced difficulties with going back to school.
  • I made a big move and a big announcement - I left OSU.
  • I'm only 50% weird?
  • Eye founded the spelling chequer poem.
  • August 7, 2005, a presence in many of our homes was extinguished when Peter Jennings passed away.
  • I shared some of my favorite movie quotes that have become part of my personal lexicon.
  • I said "farewell" to OSU.
  • I spent my first two days on the roller coaster of my new job. Interestingly enough, the roller coaster is still going strong (but it's a fun ride!)
  • I started classes for my master's degree.
  • Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans bringing immense devastation to the region and highlighting the incompetencies of FEMA, recently placed under the control of Homeland Security. (now, I'm scared)
  • Gas prices start to rise at alarming rates making me glad I traded in my pickup truck on a sedan.
  • Another beloved television icon, Bob Denver, known to millions as Gilligan and Maynard G. Krebs, died on September 2, 2005.
  • What would I take with me in the event of an evacuation?
  • The world may never again be safe from C.H.A.O.S. since C.O.N.T.R.O.L. agent 86, Maxwell Smart, actor Don Adams died September 25.
  • I honor my father.
  • Comedian Nipsey Russel passed away October 2, 2005.
  • Within two months of starting my new job, I hired an assistant.
  • We moved into a new building at work.
  • My father and I took a trek to Winter Park, CO for the second time, Check here for audio updates.
  • Rosa Parks, the woman who refused to move to the back of the bus, died October 24, 2005.
  • Wax on, wax off, wax poetic, if you like, about Pat Morita, Mr. Miagi in The Karate Kid movies (and Arnold on Happy Days), who died November 24, 2005.
  • The holiday season, for the first time in a long time, was enjoyable.
  • I opted not to continue with school for the next semester... and so far I'm still not enrolled.
  • I enjoyed an extremely fun and fruitful Christmas party at work.
  • One of the scariest politicians in the United States, Eugene J. McCarthy, died December 10, 2005,
  • Also on December 10, 2005, legendary, groundbreaking comedian and entertainer Richard Pryor left us.
  • I learned a valuable lesson about life and candlemaking.
  • Our dishwasher died, thus spending my Christmas bonus.
  • The trip to Disney World was cancelled and we spent the week with my family instead.
  • The dry season started and Oklahoma caught fire.
  • The smooth voice of Lou Rawls was silenced on January 6, 2006.
  • Actress Shelly Winters passed away January 14, 2006.
  • The pictures of me from the Christmas party were enough to finally convince me to go to Weight Watchers. (I'm stuck at ~30 pounds lost)
  • I completed a really offbeat questionaire.
  • Chris Penn, brother of Shawn Penn best known for roles in Reservoir Dogs and Footloose, died January 24, 2006.
  • Coretta Scott King, widow of Martin Luther King, Jr., died January 31, 2006.
  • Al Lewis, Grandpa Munster (and office Schnauser on Car 54, Where Are You), died February 3, 2006.
  • Andreas Katsulas, Babylon 5's G'kar, passed away February 13, 2006.
  • Curt Gowdy, broadcaster, died February 20, 2006.
  • Another television icon, Don Knotts, best known as Barney Fife, died February 24, 2006. (I wonder if he's still allowed only 1 bullet?)
  • McCloud, actor Dennis Weaver, also died February 24, 2006.
  • Darren McGavin, best known for Kolchak: The Night Stalker, died February 25, 2006.
  • I moved my web sites to a new host. They're a little slow and there's downtime now and then but, for the money, I'm not complaining.
  • Caspar Weinberger, one time US secretary of defense, died March 28, 2006.
  • We started a major software conversion at work.
  • We opened a new clinic in Cleveland, OH.
  • I finally say Napoleon Dynamite and I didn't get it.
  • After drooling over them since getting my new camera, I finally bought a portable media player/photo storage bank.
  • I moved to a new office space and we fired up a new IP-PBX phone system at work.
  • I got a great deal on some networking equipment at an auction.
  • And made a KILLING selling part of it on eBay.
  • That allowed me to have a great time at Trek Expo.
  • Aaron Spelling, TV mogul, died June 23, 2006.
  • Kevin and I took a road trip to Dallas for the First Saturday sale... and I got some more bargains.


Until next year...

No comments: